Monday, July 20, 2015

Me on Monday: Art Journaling and Dog Minding

Waving hi to Sian over at From High in the Sky to share a photo of me on Monday and share my weekend adventures. What kind of a weekend was it? 
It was a husband and children travelling weekend, leaving me to take care of the house, dogs and chickens.
It was also a seizing the opportunity the take an art journaling class with Dina Wakley, one of my favorite artists and teachers! I was so thrilled to finally meet her in person, take a class with here and spend some time art journaling!
 The class was a print making class, as well as hints for how to incorporate the prints and print-making techniques into your art journals. The flowers on the second page and the bee crown image on the last page are both prints made from different types of plates. The tags on the top page were made with simple printing off acetate and a craft sheet. I've taken many online classes with Dina, and you can page through the class reviews at this link to find them. All-in-all, it was a great weekend! How was yours?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love your art journal pages and these ones are fabulous.

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds wonderful....love the pages. Ours was a gardening weekend.

KraftyKaren said...

Looks like you had a lovely weekend - your art journal pages are lovely

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Having fun with the scavenger hunt! I think I only have 4 more to get! Quite the challenge...have a wonderful day!

nancy y said...

The class looks like it was fun - I was hesitant to sign up with the no refunds since my daughter was expecting a baby. Ofcourse she arrived early ;-) This past weekend I also was dog sitting - for my sister's little Cairn Terrier!

Becky said...

Sounds like a great weekend! We travelled back home from France and then I spent the rest of the weekend washing and ironing!

Alison said...

Your art journaL pagEs are always awesome! Xx

Missus Wookie said...

What a wonderful weekend - isn't it nice to have mucky fingers that show how much fun we've had :)

Sian said...

Delighted to be catching up today and giving you a retrospective wave over a pile of holiday unpacking. I like the picture of the paint-y hands!

Your pair of shorter and taller? Every time I take a family picture here, the effect seems to be growing..

Carola Bartz said...

I love Dina Wakely as well 0 her art is beautiful, and she is a grat teacher as well. How fun to have met her! Your pages are beautiful and I can see that you really enjoyed this.

alexa@clara.co.uk said...

Very creative hands, those :), and how great to take a class with Dina in person. I especially like the composition and colours (and message) of that top one, though they are both lovely.