Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Look Up//Look Down #35: Artful Weekend

I had a wonderful, artful long weekend. I finished my Passport to Art altered book and started my faces art journal for Learn Something New Everyday. In addition to painting a couple of faces, I also made about a dozen backgrounds in the art journal. It felt so good to have my acrylic paints, spray inks and stencils out.  I worked on the little table in the kitchen, and J.J. curled up on the window sill to watch me. Looking up at J.J. and looking down at my work space. Posted in conjunction with Helena's meme, Look Up//Look Down.

14 comments:

Amy said...

You have done well to capture JJ - getting clear shots of animals has always been a case of good luck for me!
Your look down is delightfully creative today Rinda!

Missus Wookie said...

Cats like to watch us - I always wonder what they are thinking. Your table looks wonderfully mindfully messy :)

Cheri said...

I LOVE your wonderfully messy art table!

Linda said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Glad to hear you had a creative weekend - your painty-desk looks wonderful! And I love your sweet JJ photo. :o)

helena said...

sounds a purrfect weekend

and a well behaved kitty who doesn't try to play with all your tools as the one we had when I was a teenager did

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

And JJ is looking up as well. How do you keep him out of your paints? Mine would be multicolored kitties all the time!

~*~Patty S said...

sounds and looks like
BLISS
oxo

Abi said...

That desk screams happiness. Glad you had fun.

Karen said...

What a great creative "mess" you have! Can't wait to see the results.

Irene said...

Love these up/down photos which gives us a glimpse of your weekend. My table looks just like yours. (CREATIVE!)

Sian said...

That art table is very inspiring!

We had our friends from San Diego over at the weekend and I was telling them about you doing the run (after I was asked if I had ever met any of my blogging friends. They were impressed!)

Flora said...

I'd love to be able to spread out some paints and paper like that. That's what fun looks like.

Melissa said...

Fun art supplies & good company, too - what could be better than that!