Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cute Kids, Cute Puppies (A Bid for Attention)

Awwww . . . aren't these guys cute? Did they get your attention? 
I hope so because I have something important I want to share with you. It's a blog event being held by Shot @ Life, an organization working to get life-saving vaccinations to children in developing countries. Every day this month, on their blog, guest commentators are sharing fabulous stories and moments from their life. For each comment on any of the blog posts during August, Walgreens will donate a needed dose of vaccine. So far, the posts have been about parenting or about special life moments tied to being a certain age (for example, today, on the 21st, there was a wonderful article about parenting an emerging adult who just turned 21; on the 15th, there was this beautiful post titled "15 brings changes.")  But I think all my blog readers, parents or not, will enjoy these posts. And, I hope you all will embrace the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children around the globe by visiting at least a few of the blogs posts and leaving a comment. Just click here to get started.
P.S. Thanks to my blogfriend Missus Wookie for bringing this to my attention.

11 comments:

Amy said...

Well that sounds like something I will have to investigate!

Sian said...

That's an interesting fundraising idea

Karen said...

I'll be checking in with this one sometime today. Thanks.

Alison said...

Must remember to check this out....thanks Rinda!
Alison xx

Missus Wookie said...

Yeah! Your puppies and kids are very cute - thanks for mentioning Shot@Life :)

alexa said...

Sounds a very worthwhile project. Wll take a look. And yes, the cuteness factor in your photos is very high!

Becky said...

What a great idea - will have to investigate!

debs14 said...

Will definitely check this out.

Jen said...

That sounds like something very important to me Rinda - off to investigate and make s few of those comments. J xx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Yes, very cute photos! Thanks for the lead on the blog. I'm off to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I'm off to check it out.