Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Peek Inside My Life

Outside My Window... it's a cool, clear winter night. I love stepping outside to identify a few constellations and wonder at the beauty of the twinkling stars. 
Around the house and garden...  The laundry seems never-ending! It is so hard to keep up on house work these days, with a full work schedule and time spent taking care of the kids. On a positive note, I'm noticing the shadow of the butterfly wind chimes on our front door and decide to capture it in instagram.
I am thinking... about a very special project I am about to start with Clara. Watch for details soon.
I am thankful for... the warm reception I received when I returned to the gym this week.
From the kitchen... a lot of healthy food. I've gone back on to Weight Watchers and am recommitting myself to getting healthy again. I even lost two pounds last week!
I am wearing ... my running shoes. I'm starting to log some miles again, and it feels good.
I am hoping ... for a few more soccer victories this season for Henry's team. They are currently in second place in their league - one point behind the first place team. They play that team on Thursday! It would be so special for him to win a championship in his senior year.
I am reading... all the wonderful stories in Sian's Storytelling Sunday 3: Pick Your Precious. You can find about 40 wonderful stories at this link. I am also reading all your blogs but am very behind in commenting - I hope to catch up soon. 
I am busy creating... faces for Ayala's 29 Faces challenge. I am also finding photography very fulfilling right now and playing in my art journals when I get a chance.
I am hearing... and watching The Walking Dead Season 1 Marathon as a type this. I became hooked on the show this season (season 3), and it's really interesting to see how it all began. My other current favorite TV shows are Downton Abbey, Vegas, Nashville, Grey's Anatomy, Top  Chef, Project Runway, CSI, Parenthood, Grimm, Hawaii Five-O and Chicago Fire. I am anxiously awaiting the start of Mad Men and Necessary Roughness. I also enjoy Workaholics, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Modern Family when I get a chance.
What's up in your life right now?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressed with the fitness regime but totally in love with your Window.

scrappyjacky said...

I need to get back to the gym as well...but it seems much more of an effort in the winter.
DD1 and I are currently addicted to Hawaii Five-0....and we've started watching the new series of Person of Interest.
I'm hoping for the weather to warm up!

Jimjams said...

Good for you (gym, WW, running) - it's hard to fit it all in on top of work (which is why I am grateful that I only do casual hours). I love the shadows, but even more I LOVE the stained glass in your door - how beautiful!

I loved The Walking Dead - thought Andrew Lincoln did a great job for a Brit.

Cheri said...

We also joined in the Walking Dead in Season Three - and what? I'm missing a Season One marathon???? We are fans of Chicago Fire too. Can't believe they killed off Ernie.

Elizabeth said...

I used to find going to the gym to be a chore. Now that it is a routine for me, I look forward to going. You sure do have a busy life!

GlorV1 said...

That's great Rinda. Love what you are planning on doing. I have to get back to exercising too. Nice photos. The creepy piece I did was meant to be creepy. Thanks for noticing. tee hee. Have a wonderful day.

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

What beautiful glass panels you have in your door Rinda. I was intrigued by the shadow so very happy to see a close up and know that they are butterflies :o)

Alison said...

A lovely look into what's happening in your life at this moment!
Alison xx

Lou said...

I'm with you on the walking dead. We started watching them this year and are now on season three!! good to read what you are up too x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love that photo of the butterfly shadows! Sounds like you do have a full plate, and I'm about in the same boat. Carrie and I are hosting a Valentine party with our crafting friends this weekend and I am completely unprepared. That's what I'm up to this week! xo

Unknown said...

Great photo of the butterfly shadows. I am hoping to get back to the gym this month.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I've got Downton on my DVR, I'm just waiting for a few males free hours in which to watch them. I foolishly set them to record in the family room rather than the bedroom.

Amy said...

We're settling into new year routines for school and associated activities, I'm trying to swim three or four times a week and we are all dealing with hot weather!

Karen said...

I always enjoy seeing what you're up to. There's been lots of creating, both scrapbook layouts and cards the last few days. We've started an elimination diet which requires a three-day cleanse and no gym. It hasn't been too onerous, but I'm looking forward to adding new foods back in. Trying to solve some health issues and lose the last five pounds.

Sian said...

I'm a bit behind too, as you might have gathered from my turning up at this post (and the others!) today. Reading the Storytelling Sunday stories leaves me catching up on the rest. But I'm always glad to get here and see what you have been up to. Hope this week is shaping up well.

Miriam said...

Oh I am so behind as well and have just seen the time so I'll have to call again soon...and I was so looking forward to catching up with you...'til later...

Anonymous said...

As you can see I'm behind too on my reading and commenting. I'm so glad you took a closeup of that shadow - you can really see the butterflies in it. I'm working away slowly at an old class I bought and gradually crossing things off.