Thursday, January 31, 2013

PPF: A Crowning Achievement

Finally - a painted art journal page for Paint Party Friday!  The last few weeks I've been posting paintlesss art journal pages from an online class I've been taking. The process of creating those paintless pages has been really helpful in setting my muse free to create in a larger format that incorporates collage of paper, images that are photographs which I took, my drawing and paint.   I created this page for the January "crown" challenge over at the Art Journal Journey Challenge Blog.  The journaling reads "She misplaced her crown in a foreign country, and her world went sideways."    I feel like I am moving into a new phase in my style.
This page is in my road atlas art journal.  I thought I'd share a couple of pages in progress, so that you could get a sense of the backgrounds I'm creating on.
What do you think?  Do you see a progression in my style in these pages?
You can see more painted pages by visiting Paint Party Friday at this link.

21 comments:

Karen said...

I'm starting my first art journal project. (Actually I already did one, then took it apart and decided to try a different technique.) Hopefully, you'll see it soon. You're my inspiration!

Sian said...

A really intriguing phrase which I'll be thinking about this afternoon!

soulbrush said...

I like it I like it. And I like seeing your face on the side of your blog when I click your site. Happy PPF.

Anne Manda said...

Love that you are using a road atlas as backgrounds - you're on a journey! Lovely collage, a bit quirky! <3

Elizabeth said...

The atlas pages are a stroke of genius. The crown journal page has a lot of depth to it.

carol l mckenna said...

Most definitely a progression in your style ` more fluid and trusting of yourself it would seem ~ lovely creations from maps ~

Carol of A Creative Harbor ^_^

Marji said...

Lovely page. I think those starts you have in progress are the beginnings of something wonderful. I'm wanting to see that face completed - the one peeking in from the atlas page.

Cheri said...

I love paint, so definitely enjoy seeing you back in that media... and can't wait to see that lovely face in finished form.

Melissa said...

Another great page, Rinda. You always amaze me with all that you do artwise, always something new. I still absolutely love the idea of using the atlas as a base for pages.

scrappyjacky said...

The atlas is a genius idea,Rinda....and I always love all your art.....your journal page is a perfect representation of that time.

Debbie said...

Your backgrounds are gorgeous. I love what you're doing in this journal.

GlorV1 said...

I love your journal pages. Great job! You are always doing so many different things. Great job.

Ivy said...

Beautiful journal page, love the birds and all the shades of blue! HPPF!

alexa said...

I really love the look of that top page, especially the top right corner and your journalling - feels like the first line of a story... and my other facvourite is your last image. I LOVE maps.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Delightful!
Of course I love the maps :) but I love the patterns and narratives you create in these, too!
And wonderful blues!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Linda Kunsman said...

Love the imagery of your first piece especially -but they're all fab pages!Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Nice background and wonderful completed pages!! Love the colors!

Hug Giggle

Sandra said...

You chose a nice image for your photo-heart connection. Lovely trees creating a 'roof' of branches over the road and a pretty white fence disappearing into the distance!

Cris, Oregon Artist said...

Fun pieces. I have seen others paint on maps and they look great. HPPF

Yvonne said...

Fabulous, Rinda!

Dianne said...

wonderful work. it is always a good thing to reflect on where we've been and where we're going...love the atlas journal idea, and terrific pages!