Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dancing Oaks and Urban Scapes

Each day that I go to work, I park on this street and then walk up this path:
where I am surrounded by beautiful California Oaks, whose branches seem to dance in the light:
and then I emerge into the eclectic urban scape of the City:
A block later, I arrive on my campus, beneath the beautiful spires of St. Ignatius Church, landscaped with California poppies (complete with bumblebee), and filled with students, including one who asked me to take his portrait:
Ten minutes out of a week in my life, documented with my camera. I love working in San Francisco and the things I see while I stroll to my office.  Where do you work? And what do you see?

11 comments:

Mary B said...

What a delightful way to start your day Rinda. You have some superb photos here. I don't work but I do love my walk to ASDA it is down what I call the back lane, tree and hedge lined with birds singing squirrels playing butterflies and flowers all the way and it lifts my spirit

helena said...

what a fabulous way to 'commute'. These are the details I love about week in the life projects.

One of the things I miss about working at home is that I no longer have a walk to work - I used to find it useful to transition my thinking from home to work and back again.

Alison said...

A lovely way to start your day indeed Rinda...I don't work, but when I walk anywhere here, I am surrounded by countryside which changes every day, as the seasons march on
Alison xx

Karen said...

Like Helena, these photos are why I love reading about A Week in the Life projects. It's a great portrait you took; I'm sure he was very pleased!

Cheri said...

You've beautifully captured the twisting and turning of those oak branches! Loved your walk to work.

Irene said...

You have a nice walk to work with beautiful scenery. Love those dancing trees. Great photos.

Sian said...

What a wonderful title for a post! It looks like an uplifting kind of a walk with those trees

Carolyn Dube said...

That is a stunning stroll that you take! Love the trees and their shapes!!

scrappyjacky said...

What a wonderful walk to work,Rinda.I work at a variety of locations....but none of them include such a pleasant start.

Ginger said...

Your commute looks most enjoyable :) SF is one of my most absolute favorite cities - you are lucky :)

The Mann Fam said...

I love those beautiful CA Oaks. I'm jealous of the colorful Victorian architecture you are surrounded by there in San Fran.