Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Music Monday: Found with Shazam


It's been a while since I've posted music recommendations. Today, I'm sharing some songs I found through Shazam.  That means when I heard the song on my car radio, I used the Shazam app to find the song title and artist.  It's also a great way to keep a record of songs I like.  The video above, Train's Drive By is a current favorite. Love the melody; love the San Francisco Bay Area locale; love the cars; love everything!
Next up, Changing by The Airborne Toxic Event:

Great music, and fantastic dancing!!!  And for more fun, check out the Mighty Mighty Bosstones and The Impression that I Get:

Here's something with a feminine vibe and a little craftiness thrown into the video:

Finally, Bruce Springsteen's voice and passion still makes my heart pound:

Got any favorites today? How do you find your new music? Do you use shazam?
**********************************************************
Weekly OLW Check-In: 
1. We got our nonfunctioning hot tub and outgrown playstructure hauled away by our yard service! This goes a long way to tidying up the backyard.  
2. Clara and cleaned out our small attic. We tossed four bags of garbage; created four big boxes of toys to donate; crushed and recycled over a dozen old boxes; and put six suitcases and two car seats into the dump run pile. Plus I gave away a bunch of stuff through freecycle.
3. I organized the clutter on the kitchen breakfast table. Next step is putting it away. LOL!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Part two of number three is always the hardest part of all!

scrappyjacky said...

We have our rather large attic to sort....it will certainly include a lot of old boxes....whenever we buy anything boxed....we always toss the box up there 'just in case'!!!

Lizzie said...

Thanks for some music to wake up to on a Monday morning!

I am filled with admiration for your clear-out - you certainly achieved a great deal. I think it could well be time that we did something similar here!

Have a good week, Rinda!

JO SOWERBY said...

i get music from shazam myself or else from friends who have radios in their cars,
jo xxx

Becky said...

We sorted our attic two years ago - put everything onto the lawn at the back of the house, and really sorted it out! Now we have much more space up there to store more stuff! Loving the new Jason Mraz song - I won't give up.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the music recommendations. The Train song is one of my faves right now too, but I hadn't seen the video...it's super cute!

Congrats on taking the step to clean out your attic! :) I hope you found some cool stuff you'd forgotten about!

nancy y said...

the BEST part of the Train video are the classic MUSCLE CARS! BTW, at 2:10 time spot in the video is a shot of a black Chevelle with an American flag tucked in the open engine compartment - that is my friend Joanie's car! She couldn't make the two day shoot (Napa and SF).

nancy y said...

I forgot to say, I sometimes use Shazam, but most of the new stuff I hear I get on KFOG - especially "new release Thursdays". Otherwise, I'm pretty much classic rock, I guess it fits with my classic CHEVYs LOL

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for sharing that video of Drive By. I hadn't heard it yet (I'm a little out of it) and I loved the video so much I watched it several times. And dragged my hubby in to watch it also. Guess I need to get that album. Thanks for alerting me.