Friday, May 27, 2011

Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop: Summertime Birthday Party

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is hosting a blog hop that should provide you with lots of inspiration.  You can check out the CKCB main page at this link.  Each of the posts in today's hop will tell you about a favorite web site/manufacturer and will create a project using inspiration from that website.  I chose Club Scrap because it remains my all time favorite paper arts producer.  Even though my counterfeit kit doesn't feature Club Scrap product this month, their website is full of inspiration.  If you go to the main Club Scrap site and click on the "Inspiration" tab, you'll see galleries based on their collections, a video archive and lots of other fun stuff.  Within each collection, there are sample cards, layouts and projects.  I based my Houston Memory card (see explanation here) on a card I found in the "Lotus Pond" gallery.  Here's the link to the card which inspired me.  It was made by a very talented Club Scrap member named Farley:
I almost forgot . . . the inside of my card reads, "During the summer which Cordelia and I spent in Houston, our aunts and uncles decided to throw us a birthday party since we were never in town for our 'real' birthday.   We were both born in March. I only ever had one summertime birthday, and it's one I will never forget."
I hope you have fun perusing Club Scrap's website for inspiration, as well as the other websites in the blog hop!
{As with most blog hops, it's possible that blogger may have problems or the timing of posts may be a bit off. So, if things don't go smoothly right away, check back in later}
To continue on the hop, click on this link to go see Jennifer.


And, if you get lost along the way, here's a complete list of the participating blogs:

Counterfeit Kit Challenge       http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Patty                 http://pattycakescreations.blogspot.com/
Lisa J                                   http://thesimplelifewithlisa.blogspot.com/
Christy                 http://myscrapbookevolution.blogspot.com/
Bethany                                   http://inspiredscrapper-bethany.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

Jennifer Grace said...

Great card, the colours are so bright, it's a good same-but-different take on the original! I like the text paper in the background. x

humel said...

Love it, Rinda! Gorgeous colours :) And such a lovely memory, too! xx

Amy said...

Gosh, there's going to be lots of good stuff to look at with all these links! Love your card today Rinda :-)

Lesa said...

Nice, nice card!! What a sweet way to keep a memory!

scrappyjacky said...

Love those colours,Rinda....that memory card has a real birthday feel to it.

Emily said...

Such a card and a great way to capture the memories! Love that tag.

Tricia said...

Great card! I have to say that you are one of my favorite paper crafters. I'm so glad I have had the chance to visit your blog through the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. I too am a fan of Club Scrap - great take on their project.

MiliPea Designs said...

Beautiful card. What a treat to have extended family celebrate your birthday with you when you visit them!

Crystal said...

Great card!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Beautiful card! I think I like it better than the inspiration! The bright colors are so fun and festive!

Missus Wookie said...

Club Scrap is a favourite here too, love the quality of their cardstock.

Going to lift that card design too - so clean and simple easily made masculine which is what I need the most!

Thanks for sharing :)

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

I like your card so much more than the original Rinda!!!! Love it! Thanks so much for the blog love too! xoxo

Sian said...

Another card triumph! I especially love the texture on this one

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card, tried following but the follower widget is down, Blogger issues. :-)

Karen Williams said...

cute card! love the idea of a summer birthday- mines January!

laurie said...

oh, i love that soft, summery lotus pond card you made! my birthday is in january but i once had a summer party that i will never forget. :-)

Jennifer Shaw said...

What a sweet card!! Love the circular elements!

Unknown said...

I'm loving the cheeriness of your card! The colors are perfect and the patters fit so well :)

Razzled Scrapper said...

Great card.

Jimjams said...

Great to see that Sian is inspiring us all again - looks like you've had fun with your kit!

Jen Cro said...

The inspiration card is very nice, but I LOVE your card.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Very nice card - love the colors on the paper and embellishments.

CStrickler said...

The papers and colours of your card were perfect!

scrappymo! said...

Great scraplift and sweet memories! I always love to read your family memories...you are doing such a great job of ensuring they are recorded for future generations.