Thursday, May 19, 2011

Art Journaling a Wish for Summer

I had a really nice time getting inky and painty and playing in my art journal this morning.  I started with the this week's challenge at the Stampotique Design blog to use something you would normally recycle.  I grabbed some plastic strawberry basketss and used them as a stencil/mask to lay down a latticed layer of ink onto my page.  Then I used them like a stamp to add some gesso texture.  Used my Heidi Swapp ghost butterflies as masks with more spray ink, added my Stampotique image plus some flowers, edged the corners with soft yellow paint, journaled with a gold pen and then flicked some white paint on top for the final layer.  The journaling inspiration came from the current Creative Therapy prompt to describe the way you are right now.  And where am I?  Wishing it were summer, but still facing a lot of work-work (writing an article and grading exams) before I can get into full summer mode.
How would you describe where you are right now?

14 comments:

Ginger said...

Love the colours and the textures Rinda! I would have to say I am content with where I am right now.. I don't want to rush time... I love driving to work and taking in all the green from the grass and the trees - the leaves just budded in the last two weeks:)

helena said...

wonderful colours and love the gold ink
Right now I have several irons in the fire, waiting for others to make some decisions before I know what (and where) I will be doing over the next few months - excitign but unsettling. Good promt - must do a digi art journal of it at the weekend

Amy said...

Right this moment today I feel like a headless chook! We have taken on a lot as a family in the last 12 months and we seem to add to the drama rather than chill out with the realisation that we are getting closer to the end of our renovation - we also have many irons in the fire and having kids with brochitis for the past week has not helped at all! I feel happy though :-)

Great page Rinda :-)

Sian said...

Right now I am sitting looking out at hailstones, so summer isn't here yet obviously.

I love the colours in this piece too.

joanne wardle said...

amazing art journalling. thanks for taking part at stampotique

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Loving the texture on this! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages, love your choice of colours. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge!

scrappyjacky said...

I've spent all afternoon in the garden...planting and potting and dead heading....right now the garden makes me happy....with summer still to come [I hope].
Am loving the colours on your page....and, of course, the flowers.!

Debbie said...

Love the colours and of course Angel! Very creative! Great job!

thekathrynwheel said...

Loving all your colours and your inky painty layers - fabulous! And yes, I'm wishing it was summer right now too! Thanks for joining the Stampotique designers challenge, Kate

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Wow, this is a treat for the senses! It's luscious! I love how you've used the recycled containers - too awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampotique this week!
Val :)

Gez Butterworth said...

Stunning in every sense :)

I sooooo wish it was summer! We seem to be on our 3rd week of non stop rain!

Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Willy said...

Wonderful piece! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 30.

Sandra Collins said...

this is beautiful!