Thursday, February 24, 2011

Weekend Update

A little of this and that before the weekend begins:
1.  My soccer boys (my son Henry's high school team) begin play in the California Central Coast Section Champsionship tournament this weekend. They finished so well that they received a bye into the quarterfinal match, which will take place Saturday morning (California time).  As always, domestic and international good-luck wishes are much appreciated.  The picture above of team captain Miguel dumping a bag of ice on the coach after the league championship game was taken by local sportswriter Mark Foyer.  My boy is the one in the right, back corner laughing up a storm. I'm using a pictue of Mark's because...
2. My computer hard drive is well and truly dead.  Sigh. The computer is only three months old and so still under warranty, but it will take a bit of effort to get Dell to admit that and send me a new one.  Just a reminder:  go back up your pictures and anything else important on your hard drive. . .
3. The month is almost over, which means it's time to check in with your one little word, resolutions and intentions journals, tag books, etc.  I'll (hopefully) put up a few posts between now and the end of the month where you can link your progress.  If you haven't done anything in your art journals this month, yet, this weekend is a great time to pull it out and work on it.  Remember, one page a month, that's all I ask.
4. I found a cooking blog I really like!  It focuses on traditional Mexican cooking, and I think you'll really enjoy it.  You can check it out at this link.  It's called Mexico in My Kitchen. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Sian said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your computer troubles and I hope it gets sorted out quickly for you. Fingers crossed!

laurie said...

technical difficulties are so frustrating! hopefully, you can get it taken care of without much hassle. wishing your son's soccer team the best of luck this weekend!

scrappyjacky said...

Good luck to them....they seem to be on a roll...so hopefully they won't need luck...just skill!
Interesting your comments on the computer....in the UK Dell have the reputation of making great computers....but having c**p after service if anything goes wrong....hope it isn't the same in the States!!!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to Henry and his team. I'll be cheering from the East Coast this morning! Sorry to hear about the computer. Not much else frustrates me so easily as technical difficulties. For a small fee, we back up our computer to BackBlaze, a web-based backup system. One advantage of my Mac is that it runs Time Machine so all my files are regularly backed up to an external hard-drive. Both of these "saved" a paper Sarah was writing last year when her brand new Mac Pro went haywire and "died."

Becky said...

Hope your computer is soon fixed. Loads of best wishes to Henry and his team - just love the photo and the way he is laughing so hard in the background.