Monday, March 8, 2010

Scrapbook Tuesday


Jacky is hosting a sketch challenge at her blog, and I decided to use it as the springboard for this layout of DD and the basketball portrait I took of her.  I love this picture of her - the smile is very sweet and I love how the fingers of her right hand are arranged - they're very her.  I have a love-hate relationship with the felt fusion embellishment line (they're the basketballs). I like the look, and it was pretty easy to use in this soccer layout, but sometimes (like in this one) it sticks to itself and is maddening!  Do you have a love-hate relationship with any embellishment lines?
And while I'm talking about Jacky, check out this really cute bday card she sent me. Jacky's style is very different from mine, but I love what she makes.  When I was much younger, I used to love to wear overalls, so this card reminds me of a younger version of me. Thanks Jacky!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I'd say I have a love hate relationship with almost all embellishments - I find them so difficult to use and I never know where to put them on a page.
I feel I've missed your birthday along the line - hope you had a lovely day :-)

Sian said...

I have a love/hate relationship with flowers. I love how they look in the packet, but I find it hard to know where to put them on a page.

Did we miss your birthday? I hope it was a really nice one

scrappyjacky said...

Love your take on the sketch, Rinda......thanks for joining in.....I always think large photos look great on an LO....and this is a really lovely photo of your DD.....hope she loves the page as well.
Glad you liked the birthday card...just happened to notice you mentioned your bday in a comment on another blog.....hope you had a great day.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love the layout, and the card from Jacky is adorable too.

I guess I missed knowing it was your birthday while I was being distracted by company over this past week. Happy be-lated birthday, Rinda! I hope your day was wonderful. xo

Lizzie said...

I hope you had a lovely birthday, Rinda!

The basketball layout is great. You're right - that is a sweet photo of your daughter. She is lovely.

The felt embellishments sound evil.. I fight with that sticky stuff in roll-on dispensers. It's so useful, but I sometimes get it everywhere except where it should be!

humel said...

I've never come across those felt things, but they are perfect for this lovely layout :-)

I think I managed to wish you a happy birthday! Was it on the 2nd? That's the same day as my The Mother AND my The Niece! Hope you had a great day :-) Jacky's card is beautiful x

sharyncarlson said...

Happy {belated} birthday, Rinda! The card is lovely, and so is your layout!

The Scrappy Tree said...

Both lovely :) I think the basketballs were worth the trouble!